2021 TN Chapter NATP Annual Conference
Wednesday September 15, 2021 and Thursday September 16, 2021
This year we are thrilled to have Melinda Garvin. Melinda has 35+ years of experience as a tax practitioner. She has been an instructor for NATP national conference since 2007. She has also been a presenter at the IRS Nationwide Tax Forums, and has instructed various classes for different organizations. Melinda’s knowledge and experience is very extensive… You will not want to miss it!
Melinda Garvin will cover the following topics:
- Ethics rules and Circular 230 provisions.
- Life Estate: What happens to the sale of the parents’ home; Form 1099-S and Form 706.
- S Corps: Advantages and disadvantages, S election eligibility, late election and expense rules; Form 1120S and accompanying Schedules L, M-1 and M-2; pass-through allocations; Schedules K and K-1.
- Discovering when to say no to a client: Tools to evaluate previous tax fillings and bookkeeping; identify risks from new and existing clients; determine thresholds of personal and professional comfort; examine ethical and professional ways to say no; explore potential corrections to rectify a professional relationship.
- Partnerships: Summarize the tax implications of the centralized partnership audit regime; identify built-in-gain property under Section 704 (c) and tax effects; allocate partnership liabilities; partner’s tax basis capital account with their basis in the partnership; rules for making a Section 754 election and the resulting tax consequences.
- Self Employment option – the big surprise: Schedule C, Schedule F, SE options and understanding the upper and lower limits of Social Security Coverage.
- Installment Sales-a case study of selling a business: Form 625, installment sale method, Form 8594.
Register for the conference here.
CPE: IRS 16
Date & Time:
September 15-16, 2021
Welcome Desk: 7:30 a.m. – 8:00 a.m. CDT
Education: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. CDT
Farmers Market Building and Parking Lot
315 John R. Rice Blvd
Murfreesboro, TN 37129
Map to Location Building
Early pricing available until Sept. 4, 2021.
Registration includes lunch and snacks. Guest lunch package (includes both Wednesday and Thursday) are available for $30 and only offered as a two-day package.
Cancellations must be submitted to NATP by Sept. 5, 2021 and are subject to a $75 fee.
2019 TN Chapter NATP Annual Conference
Scheduled Dates: Wednesday September 18, 2019 thru Friday September 20, 2019
Join us at The Inn at Pickwick Landing State Park, Counce TN on Wednesday, September 18th thru Friday, September 20th. Up to 16 CPE, presented by speaker J P White, EA. You can register for the conference online at the NATP TN chapter page.
2019 Hotel Reservation Information please use room reservation code 7152 when booking your room.
Here is this years Meeting Schedule.
2018 TN Chapter NATP Annual Conference
Scheduled Dates: Thursday September 20, 2018 & Friday September 21, 2018
Join us at Embassy Suites by Hilton in Murfreesboro, TN on Thursday, September 20th and Friday, September 21st. Up to 16 CPE, which includes speaker Dale Boushley, CFPR, EA, as well as Susan Gainous of the IRS and updates from the TN Department of Revenue. You can register for the conference online at the NATP TN chapter page.
2018 Hotel Reservation Information – reservations can be made through 9/6/2018 at the group rate.
2017 TN Chapter NATP Annual Conference
Scheduled Dates: Thursday September 21, 2017 & Friday September 22, 2017
Join us at Music Road Resort in Pigeon Forge, TN on Thursday, September 21st and Friday, September 22nd. Up to 16 CPE, which includes nationally renowned speaker Beanna Whitlock EA, as well as Susan Gainous of the IRS and Cathy Russell & Lance Estes from the TN Department of Revenue. You can register for the conference online at the NATP TN chapter page.
2016 TN Chapter NATP Annual Conference
Scheduled Dates: Thursday September 22, 2016 & Friday September 23, 2016
Join us at Four Points by Sheraton Nashville Brentwood on Thursday, September 22th and Friday, September 23th. Up to 16 CPE, which includes nationally renowned speaker Kevin Huston EA, USTCP as well as Susan Gainous of the IRS and Billy Trout from the TN Department of Revenue.